Wednesday, December 15, 2010

my underwear are starting to smell less like turkey

Finally!

you see, when we cooked the Thanksgiving turkey, Chris cleaned up some of the juice with a towel.  He then put the towel in the washing machine.  The next day, I started a load of whites without realizing the towel was there.  All the clothes came out turkey fresh!  Chris thought he smelled like turkey because he ate so much of it (3 days straight!).

I gathered up all the stinky whites and tried to wash them several times.  I used vinegar.  I used bleach.  I used hot water. I used combinations of the prior.  Nothing worked.  But time is slowly showing that the smell will leave.

So if you are near me and you start to crave turkey, perhaps this is why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today turned out to be much better than I thought it would be.  I woke up way too early.  Eli woke up at 4:30 to eat and I just couldn't fall back to sleep.  I just kept thinking.  Sometimes that just isn't good for a person!  So I finally got up and wrote a list of the things I needed to do today.  Didn't do all of them, but got a lot crossed off my list. The biggest thing was finishing the gift for my in laws. I hope they like it.  I plan on posting pictures of the things I make for gifts this year.

16 years ago was my last night as a single lady.  More on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

April said...

Turkey fresh? OHHH BOY!!