Sunday, December 12, 2010

Music and the Spoken Word


Today I took Tristan, Connor, and Anna to the Conference Center on Temple Square to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform Music and the Spoken Word.  Eli and Chris stayed home because people under the age of 8 aren't allowed.  It was a beautiful program. They sang Christmas songs.  I love Christmas music. It was a really good way to start a Sunday!



I found out the the program has been going since 1929.  The broadcast we went to was the 4,239th show. It is the longest running broadcast ever.  It was fun to be a part of the audience today and I hope to be able to go again someday.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I watched this for a few minutes while I was getting ready for church and I thought of you being there. I have never been. I need to add that to the "to-do" list.