Sunday, April 19, 2009

All I want to be is a Mom

I don't have a college degree.
I have no aspirations to have one. (at least at this time in my life)

I don't feel like this is a bad thing.

I know lots of people (my age type people) that are going back to school, getting degrees. I'm so proud of them for doing so.

I just don't wanna.

What I DO want to do is be a good mom and a good wife.
I want to have a nice peaceful loving home. A clean home.
I want to have time to bake yummy after school treats. I want to prepare fun family home evening lessons. I want to spend time with Chris, who works odd hours.
I want to have another baby.
So, I talked to my boss on Friday. I told her that I wanted to cut back. Maybe work 1 or 2 days as a substitute. She is willing to work with me. I have an awesome boss.

I just feel like I need to be home more. I feel like it is right and what I should be doing. I feel my family will be blessed in many ways by this decision. Everyone needs to do what is right for them and their family.
A few years down the road, this may all change. But for now, all I want to be is a mom. And a wife.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Does that mean we should plan a lunch out again? :)
Ever been to Sugarhouse BBQ?
OR Koko's Kitchen? (Japanese food like I ate on my mission.)(oh yeah and there's a Madonna tree across the street which is really interesting.)

Lynette Robison said...

You are the BEST at both of those!!!
Being a friend and a daughter, and a sub is also part of your many talents!! ILY

The Munkies said...

WHAT-what-WHAT?
my plans for next year just went down the TOILET...i will not lie i am angry at you, but not really! you are lucky you can stay home, really i am just jealous!

Amy said...

Awesome! Sounds like a good decision. I'm sure your kids will love it.

Anonymous said...

Don't ever say this like you have to defend it. I did it for almost 20 years now and love it. Be proud!

Jessica Marie said...

Gotta tell ya, your wanting a new baby announcement shows up in Google reader :) I hope you do it!

Kiora said...

It is the most rewarding decision we ever made. It isn't always easy and it isn't always fun. Always worth it in the long run. I wrote a post about how ofton I am asked what I am going to do when my kids are all in school next year. Especially asked if I am going back to school. But I agree. I am still a mom and that is what I am going to continue to do. Good Luck in your future. (love the background by the way!)

Tanya said...

You are awesome!!! I love the small print, in yellow.

Jess said...

I know how you feel. I got my A.S. in August and it has been so nice to be home more. (I want the same thing you do, but apparently I still need to wait). I want to start school now we know about Erick getting into Pharmacy school, but it's been so nice to have dinner ready when he gets home (even if it is at 8:30).

Tiff said...

I'm glad you are able to do what you need to. It's interesting how we know just what is needed at the time. Once you are able to set it up in such a way, there is a peace and relief that comes with your decision. I can tell you feel at peace about it. Good for you.
Tiffany
BTW my blog is
www.tiffany-scialfocus.blogspot.com
my e-mail is specialfocus@comcast.net