Wednesday, April 22, 2009

some changes.....

Connor's name got picked from a waiting list for a new school. It's a school that I've been trying to get both Connor and Anna in for a couple of years now. Once he gets registered, Anna's name will move up on the list as a Sibling Priority. He's really excited, and so I am. I think I'm more nervous than he is though.

I don't have any complaints about the school he is going to right now. The biggest issue is that it is a school for kids with High Functioning Autism and Aspergers Syndrome. He does not have either of these. It's been a good school and all the kids have learned a lot, but it's time for something more. I hope things go well for him (and hopefully Anna) and that we are all able to adjust to the new change.

This change will take place for the next school year. Wish us lots of luck!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news. I'm sure he'll love it and do just fine.

Tanya said...

That is awesome! He'll do great. He might miss seeing his Mom at school.

Becky said...

I think it looks like a great school. I think they will have fun and make new friends. They will do great. That's so exciting!

Jess said...

I forgot to put one more thing in my post. I sometimes feel guilty having my typical children in a school that is for kids with autism. there is such a limited number of students (12-15 per class), with a waiting list a mile long. I'm glad that by taking Connor (and Anna?) out of the school, it will free up a spot for a child who needs Spectrum Academy. It has really made a difference in our life and in the lives of so many people.

Anonymous said...

Big year of changes for us too!
Congrats! tell me all about it when you see me next.

Cati said...

Hey jessica this is not a note about your move to a different school for Connor... nonetheless I thought of you when I found this... way cute... check it out...

http://armellejewelry.blogspot.com/2007/08/ponytail-holders-to-make-headband-why.html

I think I might add this to another craft for CAMP.. SHHHH!!!