Sunday, May 3, 2009

update (for lack of a better title)

First off, I updated my book page. See here. I read quite a few books in April. Not any 4 or 5 stars though. Right now I'm reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and I think it will get more than 3 stars. Any recommendations are welcome.

Things have been crazy busy. Mostly because Chris has been out of town, things are just easier and better when he's around. Also, our school had a big fundraiser/auction/performance that kept us busy, but my dad was able to come and that was so much fun to have him there with us. And also, I have a church calling that keeps me hopping as well (hoping that will slow down once camp gets over in June). BUT... I'm glad that Chris is talented and able to get requested for good jobs, even if that means him leaving town for a few days. He's a good provider and does what he needs to do to take care of our family. The school year is winding down, and every year is like this. It's just busy trying to get everything in that needs to get in. Tristan gets to go on a field trip to Lagoon and Anna gets to go on a field trip to the Zoo. Hopefully Connor's class will go on a fun field trip as well. Now that we have a camp director called (and excited for her new calling) my life will be much easier! Our big fundraiser is Saturday (Spaghetti dinner, cake auction, and bake sale. If you want to help out, let me know! ) Things are really good. Just busy.

I know this post is kind of jumbled, but I needed some kind of an update. Also, I have bit of allergies going on so I will quote a Kindergartner from my school who summed it up quite nicely, "My nose is full of pollen!" YUCK!

2 comments:

April said...

That is the sweetest thing that I;ve ever heard--the pollen. Too funny!

Let me know if you need anything. I didn't know that you had a fundraiser...I would have loved to contributed. Girls camp is so important.

Kelli said...

I loved Angels and Demons.
I just finished reading Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. I liked it a lot (maybe 4 stars??). Have you read any of her books. I have enjoyed reading them because I like to know what books to recommend to my girls. They are perfect for 8 and 11 year old girls and fun to read for me too.
Rick and I like Harlen Cobin (?) for a good murder mystery.
I also enjoyed These is my words. There are 3 books, The first one is the best. I think the author is Nancy Parker.