I am now working about 27 hours a week at my job. I am really really enjoying it. It's nice to be where my kids are, and be a part of their education. I have made some really good friends. I feel like I am a valuable employee. I have told them that I would be willing to work more hours (probably 35 hours a week). Now I am having second thoughts....
Being away from home so many hours a week is taking a toll on my family. I am tired a lot of the time. My house isn't as clean as it should be. Projects are going undone. Good meals aren't being cooked. It's hard to have enough energy to get the kids' homework finished when they need my help. Bedtimes are getting later to get things done.
I know that the people at work would be willing to let me cut back on my hours. I probably wouldn't be able to pick which classroom I would like to work in, I would just have to go where I could fit in my hours. I feel like I would be letting them down if I didn't work full time. I know it would be easier on them if I just stayed all day. I'm dependable if anything. I have hardly missed any work at all this year. I feel like I would miss out on things if I weren't there all the time.
If I had 3 hours a day at home without any kids here, I could get so much done! Laundry, grocery shopping, visiting teaching, scrapbooking (which has REALLY fallen by the wayside).
BUT, is it really 3 hours? Probably more like 2 1/2 because of travel time and being a little early to pick up the kids. But 2 1/2 is still 10 hours a week. (4 days since fridays are early out).
Now for the money question. All money is good money. I like earning my own money. It came in handy when Chris wasn't working as much. Part time I would still get some spending money and money for savings. Chris is working a lot and has jobs lined up in the future (he is really doing well and getting his name out there) so he can take care of our family.
Oh and one other thing.....after this school year I will no longer be PTO president. That takes away a lot of time and stress!
ARGH! What would you do?
A change in the weather
2 days ago



1 comment:
if you don't have to work then don't. i really really wish i did not have to work.
Post a Comment