Wednesday, May 19, 2010

would you?

Would you ever buy a used carseat/stroller travel system? I've found several on KSL classifieds for pretty good prices. I just know that this is our last child and so I don't want to spend a ton of money on something that we will only use for one child. I read the reviews and know not to buy anything that is older than 5 years or has been in an accident. what is your opinion?

3 comments:

Becky said...

I don't think there is a problem to buy a used carseat/stroller system. Just check a few things before you buy them. There is an expiration date (yes, carseats expire, or become less durable) It's on the back of the carseat. Check for any cracks, or unusual wear, and ask if it has ever been in any accidents, even a minor fender bender can impact the durability of a carseat. Britax carseats are the best. I think if you look into the safety ratings online, and check out the seats then it would be okay. Wendy has done a ton of extensive research on carseats if you want more info. You asked...so, there's my opinion.

Jess said...

You could look at Kid to Kid. They will only buy carseats that are good enough to use again.

I personally wouldn't just buy on off KSL. I would always wonder if I knew enough about safety standards to pick one that is safe enough.

Jess said...

yeah I found one I liked and read reviews and did research so I would know what to look for. The set was in great condition so I bought it. I feel good about the decision too.