Monday, May 17, 2010

it's just a number. it's just a number

Today I went to the doctor for my 26 week visit. Everything looks great, I'm so lucky to have easy pregnancies. But when I stood on the scale, I wasn't all that thrilled. It was the biggest number I have ever seen on my scale. yikes, I still have 14 weeks!

I found a book the other day where I kept track of stats when I was pregnant with Anna. My weight just days before I delivered her was less than what I started weighing with this pregnancy!

My doctor reminded me that I'm older this time, but that what I've gained is a healthy gain for pregnancy. He reminded me to not give in to every craving and to eat good healthy food.

I know I'm fine, and I'll bring that number down, but it was a pretty startling revelation! Maybe from now on, I'll just stand backwards on the scale!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

hahaha...you look great and always have!

Try gaining the weight whilst preggo and never losing it...welcome to my life!

Lynette Robison said...

At least you have an excuse! I know, if I were just 4 inches taller! How's your blood pressure? ILU :)

April said...

That is my standard way that I stand on the scale. It is not importatnt, but it helped me to not go crazy...