Friday, June 26, 2009

summertime summertime sum sum summertime....

So I wanted to be good and post lovely pictures and descriptions of all our wonderful summertime activities. I wanted to follow my sister-in-law's example and post a picture from everyday of the week.

Obviously, this isn't happening. Either I forget to bring my camera, or I bring my camera and forget to take pictures.

We've done some fun things too. Like a trip to the zoo in the pouring rain. Imagine me, and all three kids trying to fit underneath one umbrella as we shuffle through puddles as we walk to the car. I was laughing so hard, the kids thought I was nuts. This was the day of the scheduled (that I of course forgot about) power outage. what an adventure!

We also went to a free VoiceMale concert. It was supposed to be at Brigham Young park, but was relocated indoors because of the rain. We packed a picnic and was able to enjoy our meal at the park before it rained. The concert was so much fun, Connor was entranced by the music without instruments.

I went to girl's camp for 3 days. We also experienced a bunch of rain. (notice a theme here?) The kids were watched by Chris's parents because he was working out of town. I loved camp growing up, but it's a lot different from a leader's point of view. But we have some great leaders and some wonderful girls in our ward. The last day, there was one little fluffy cloud and not a trace of rain, figures.

After I got back from camp and Chris got home from SF, we took the kids to their (and our) first movie seen in 3D. We went and saw UP! It was such a good movie and the 3D part was so cool! It was a fun family date night.

This week, Tristan is at Scout Camp. He left on Monday morning and won't get home until Saturday afternoon. I miss him, but I'm sure he's having a good time and earning all kinds of merit badges and other awards. He loves scouts and I'm so thankful for his patient leaders who help him out.

This week we took the kids to Liberty park for a picnic and to play in the water. That is such a cool park, and since I handed the camera off to Chris, we got some good pictures. I'll post those in my next post.

Tomorrow, Anna and I are headed to Richfield. I am giving my sister Lexi a Bridal shower. I invited all our aunts, cousins, well basically all our women relatives. I hope they show up. It's kinda sad, but our family's just aren't really that close anymore. I guess that happens as the families grow bigger and don't live close to each other. I need to try harder to make sure my kids are close to their cousins and aunts and uncles. Family is so important.

We're looking forward to going to Richfield for the 4th of July. Also Lexi and Tim are getting married on July 11th. At the end of July we are going on a trip to Denver. Chris is working and the kids and I are going to spend the week with Tanya (my sis in law) and her family there.

I really love summer vacation, especially when I ignore the arguing and the cries of boredom. Before we know it, summer will be over and we'll be heading back to school.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you guys have been having fun. We have been so busy with our summer break, the funny thing is...my kids (mostly Kaylee) are begging to go back to school already. Have fun in Richfield. I'm sure the bridal shower will turn out wonderful.

Lynette Robison said...

You and your family have been having a fun, busy summer...and it's not even July! We are looking forward to seeing you and Anna tomorrow!
ILY

Kelli said...

I just found out on Thursday that Lexi is getting married. That is nice of you to throw her a shower.
Isn't the summer going by so fast? I can't believe that it's the 4th of July coming up already. I wish winter went by this quickly!
Sounds like you have a fun summer planned. Please do post pictures, I really enjoy seeing your little family.

Kiora said...

We are so excited for you to come.

April said...

Ahh!! Thanks for the great story. Just love to relive your life...beautiful!