I will now officially be crazy busy! I just got a new church calling. I am the second counselor in the Young Women program! I haven't been in YW since I was one (and a beehive? wow that was 22 years ago almost (wow, I'm old)). I'm really excited about it, still don't know exactly what I'll be doing, but from what I hear, I will be busy! I hope that I will be able to do a good job. I went on Sunday and I think there were more leaders there than girls. Hopefully we can get more girls to come to church. But even if they are all there, there are only 15 Young Women total in our ward. We need some families with teenagers to move into our ward!
5 comments:
I am so jealous. I love young women's. Funny that they only put me there once and now 5 boys later I never get that one anymore...
Congrats! I'm sure you'll do a good job. At least you won't be bored.
Like I said already... yeah, it does add every Wednesday night, some Sundays, sometimes Thursdays, and some Saturdays.
It's definitely a calling your family shares with you because they need to pitch in and help you out at home.
But, you get the Beehives! How fun is that?
and yes, we do need more teenage girls in our ward.
I'm excited for you. You will do great! You are fun and crafty and that's perfect for being the Beehive's leader! Have fun! I will miss it VERY much...even though I have to also admit that I'm enjoying an empty calendar. }:)
don't feel too bad - we have 8 total active kids in our whole primary and I think 3 YM/YW combined! I teach the "sr. primary" and have 3-4 kids! kinda funny - def something to get used to!
congratulations on your new calling. I am the beehive advisor. I was called about 10 months ago. It was the first time I had been in YW since I was in YW, too. We have 16 beehive girls right now and 8 new girls coming into our class in the next 3-4 months. We had 36 girls go to girls camp. We don't have very many leaders--CRAZY.
It's fun. Everyone warned me how much time it would take. It's really not as bad as I was prepared for. I hope you enjoy it. It's a great program!!
Will you email me your address so I can put you in my address book?
kelli.herlevi@gmail.com
thanks, Kelli
Post a Comment