Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting the tree

On Wednesday, we traveled to Fishlake National Forest and cut down a Christmas tree. This was something we did almost every year when I was growing up. We've also done it a few times since we've been married, but it has been a long time. I decided it was time for the kids to have this experience too!

We got all bundled up and hopped in Grandpa's truck. It was starting to rain in town and we (at least I was) were worried about the weather. Just before we got to the turn off to Fishlake it started to snow! The kids were thrilled! We had to drive a while because we can't cut trees in the park, but soon turned off on a sideroad and found this beauty!

We had a lot of fun walking in the snow and looking for the perfect tree. I think this is a tradition we need to visit again!

2 comments:

Hendrickson said...

we always "hunted" for our christmas tree growing up.. it is one tradition that i'm sad about not being able to pass down to my kids..

April said...

I love your traditions. They look like they are having a great time!! Even snow! Lucky!
April