Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fat Cats











Last Friday, Tristan's school had an all school outing for UTVA students and their families. We went to Fat Cats in Ogden. We got to bowl and play mini-golf and ride the bumper cars. My kids are not experienced bowlers, unless you count the Wii. Connor won with a score of 76! I will blame my broken thumb nail which broke way down the first time I threw the ball. OW!! (next time I'm sure I'll find something else to blame...) It was fun. We still haven't really met any other students which is really quite bizarre. I don't really know what need to be done differently, but I really wish Tristan could meet some other 8th graders.
After we got done at Fat Cats, and were trying to figure out how to get back on the freeway to go home, we saw Farr's Ice Cream. I remembered my friend April telling me how good their treats are so we stopped and got some. Anna got Lime Ricky, Tristan got Root Beer, Connor got Strawberry and I got Macadamia Nut. It was definitely worth the stop. Thanks for the tip April!

3 comments:

Cati said...

Oh how fun. Were there not other kids there? or maybe just not his age? that is strange... Hey I was thinking, Isn't there a teenagers book club? I mean the boy loves to read or maybe you can start one... with kids his age, get together once or twice a month.. to read or talk about the book, or whatever...play games...

anyways they look happy with that ice cream...

Heather said...

Farr's Ice Cream is the best!!

Lynette Robison said...

Butt shots in action?! :o Fat Cats sounds like a FUN place! What if the next outing you made some very obvious name tags with UTVA on it and your whole family wears them. That might help break the ice -- even if the responses are not from (students or those involved), you can have a chance to brag up that awesome Tristan!
ILY