Friday, October 2, 2009

Definition of insanity

I once learned that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well, it seems like we've been living this definition for quite some time now. It took me a while to finally see it.

I don't want to get into a lot of details here. It's been a very emotional week around this place.

Tristan is starting a new school on Monday. It's called Virtual Academy and it is an online school. I know that it will require more work from Chris and I, but I feel like this is a good solution for us right now. We're really excited, especially about the fact that he can move as fast as he wants to go.

Now to find the boy some fun groups to join. Kid needs to make some friends. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Cati said...

This is so great! I hope he finds the balance he needs though this... Its gotta feel awesome to have some control over how you learn school material... Good luck guys
Does he know how to swim yet? maybe get him in swim lessons? swimming can be relaxing to a point!
I will pick up the So.Davis Rec center. It seems like they have a ton of fun stuff there.

Amy said...

Good luck with it. Did his other school not work out? Does this mean you might move again?

Jess said...

no, since the school is online, the only requirement is that we live in Utah.

Jolynn said...

Hey, Jess! I hope you don't mind my commenting here. I just wanted to tell you that we are doing k12 with our three school age kids this year-kind of a mix between homeschool and online school. It has been so great. I love that I can reinforce everything they are learning, because I know exactly what they are learning. It is a lot more time consuming for me, but so worth it. I know your situation probably exactly the same as ours, but I hope it will go just as well. And I'll bet once you look around a little bit you will find a lot of groups out there too. We have found a few right here in Richfield. Good luck!

Cati said...

The pioneer woman, I love her Blog, Have you read her blog? she has good tips re: homeschooling... I just read this today... check her out once in a while...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2009/10/the-october-homeschooling-blues/

Kelli said...

Ahhh,, I've been thinking about you and this subject. I'm glad you decided on something like this. Speaking from experience, it will require more time/effort on your part, but it will pay off so much in the end. Some days are crazy, but I love being so involved in the education of my children. woohoo. If we lived closer to each other, WE could get together.
ps. I read the pioneer woman, too. Just be prepared because you can spend A LOT of time reading her blog. but it is informative.