This may sound a bit bizarre, but I have a question. Please answer even if you think I already know.
What is the age difference between your children?
My kids are 2 years and 8 months apart, give or take a few days. I like this gap because it's all I know. My siblings are Me-4 years-then Ramsey-5 years-then Michael-4 more years-then Lexi. there are 13 years in between me and my sister. I sometimes wished growing up that we were closer, but now that we are all grown up a little bit, it doesn't seem to matter.
I also wonder if you have some kids closer together and a big gap and then more kid (s) if you think this has negatively affected your family (or the younger child(ren)) in any way. Also tell me the positiveness of it.
Thanks so much for participating in satisfying my morbid curiosity!
A change in the weather
2 days ago



8 comments:
There is Boston, Zane, Mary, and Lilly. The boys are 18 mo. apart and then Mary came 2 1/2 years later and then Lilly 4 years later. My boys would be lost without eachother. Especially when they were younger. They were eachothers bestfriends. I would not change having them so close together. Mary came later. Then we had the boys and our princess so we were done. But we all know how it is. When you know you need to have one more you do it. So then came Lilly. She is now the baby, princess, spoiled little girl. But we all adore her and she knows it. I am glad we waited though because the older kids were able to enjoy having a baby in theh ouse so much more. It is fascinating to watch the dymanics in a house hold. I hope they all grow up to be very close. They do a good job of it now. They are typical siblings, but can still be caught being very cute together. I come from a family of four. I am the oldest, then Matt and two more girls. We are spread out over 11 years and do a good job of being very close now. It came more as adults though. What a fun question.
i have Daylon, Rianne, and Sam. Between Daylon and Rianne there are 3 1/2 year, and between Rianne and Sam there are 4 years. We always wanted them very close together, like 18 months apart. Obviously, that never happened. I think i like haveing them spaced apart because i do get that one on one time when they are young with each one moving on to school when the baby comes around. They are close, but by no means are they lost without eachother (except for Sam, but that is because there is nobody around to play with).
Is there something you want to tell us Jessica??? like maybe a little one in the future? LOL
interesting that you posted this - I've had the same thing on my mind for MONTHS now! there's exactly 2 1/2 yrs between Morgan & Kelsey and we have been trying for over a year for another one w/ no luck and I'm FREAKING out b/c I'm worried that by time we finally do have another the age difference will be too much. I keep looking at other families and think "I wonder how they like their age differences?" sooooo glad you posted this - reading others responses helps me feel better about it all - guess you just have the kids you feel you need to have and it works out well, right?
Well, there's just Kaylee and Gabs for now...they are 2 years and 3 months apart. I don't know what will happen when we have another with a big age gap. We kinda already had this conversation so I'm just gonna go with everything I already told you.
I am the oldest then 2 years then my brotherP then 4 years a brotherA. and 4 years a brotherAa.
I ended up being the second mom in my family so, not really friends with my brothers. I always wanted a sister and cried when my youngest brother was born. BrotherP and I were the oldest kids, youngest 2 brothers fought like crazy. I moved out to go to college when the youngest was 7 or 8 so I never really got to know him. The middle brother is the only one who talks to everyone. All my brothers and my dad get together for a white water trip each year, so they are close. But, as a whole family not close. Hmm, maybe it's just me? It's a heart pain to me. I'm trying to figure out how to become friends, get closer...with everyone living 2-5 hours away it's hard.
My son is 11 (12 in Sept!)and my daughter is 7. I wanted them to be 2 years apart. I so wish my daughter could have a sister, and my son could have a brother. But, it will not be. Having one boy and one girl 4 years apart has it's challenges. She wants to do everything her brother is doing but isn't old enough. He thinks she is getting to do special things that he didn't get to do(but he did get to do them 4 years ago). We are always having to say, try to enjoy the age you are!
We have 3 kids. Summer is 11 1/2. Next is Sierra. 8 1/2. there is a 3 year gap. But Summer has a August birthday and made the school cut off. Sierra is a september birthday and so she is the oldest in her grade. So, that makes the 3 year gap a little bigger because they are actually 4 years apart in school. But, because we have moved around so much they are still quite close. They have always had each other to depend on to keep each other company and I love that.
then, 5 years and 3 months later Cole was born. I wanted them to be much closer in age, but it didn't happen for a very long time. I guess I needed to learn patience or something. As we look back we can see that the timing was right for all things that happened to us. We just didn't know it at the time.
I'm glad that it's the girls who are closer in age. And that my boy is the caboose. When he was first born I thought I would want to try and have another one real quick for him to have a sibling who was close to his age, but as a little bit of time went by we figured out that that wasn't the right answer either and that our family was complete with 3 kids.
I am the oldest in my family. BK is 4 years younger. Lanny is 3 years younger. And Bryan is 4 1/2 years younger. I always thought we were all pretty close, but as time goes on it doesn't seem that way so much. We keep getting busier with kids, mine are older, Brandi's (2 girls) are involved with dance and other lessons, and Lanny has 3 boys under age 5. And Bryan...well, he just leads a different lifestyle altogether. No kids, it's more about having a good time for him. So, he doesn't come around much. It's weird. I feel bad about, especially now that my dad is gone and I realize how short time is and how important family is. I am trying to figure out ways to ensure that my children stay close as a family. I don't know the answers yet, but I think about it often.
Listen!!! If there is one more waiting to come to your family what are you waiting for..Just do it.
How the heck do you know the phillips?? they used to be my neighbors and we loved their dog domino...this is a bit weird!!
Post a Comment