Yesterday, Chris and I had a rare day off together so we went and looked at furniture. Couches to be exact. We bought our couches 10 years ago just after Connor was born. It is long past time for new ones.
Anyway, we thought we wanted some that IKEA had so we headed down to Draper to look. Before we went to IKEA, we stopped at furniture row (which is right across the street) and looked at Sofa Mart. They had some really nice couches there. But we were pretty sure we wanted the Ikea ones. So we headed there.
We looked and looked and just couldn't talk ourselves into anything. The prices were right, but they just weren't what we had in mind.
So Chris got out his trusty phone. It's really smart. It told him that there are lots of furniture stores in the Salt Lake Valley (imagine that!). So the search was on!
We went to several different stores and sat on lots of couches. I knew I didn't want a couch with pillows on the back. I wanted leather. I didn't want it to be overstuffed.
We finally found one we liked. But me, being a big ol cheapskate, couldn't talk myself into buying right then. I need time to think, ya know?
So we came home and went about our lovely evening, pizza for dinner, library trip, books and bed.
Today I had to work, and when Chris came and picked us up I asked him what he did today. He told me about working (one hour, the big bum). Then he said "this and that" and that was all. We got home and Connor looked in the backyard as we were all getting out of the car. He looked a little excited, but I didn't think much of it.
We went inside and this is what I saw:

Chris went back to the store and bought the couch and love seat set! What a great supr
ise! They are soooo nice and look great in our living room! The reason Connor was surprised is because our old set was in the backyard under the patio. Not a usual place for living room furniture. Our cat has been spending his time outside and Chris cut his nails. Hopefully he'll leave the new stuff alone.



6 comments:
OHHHHHH! Chris is so nice..I love them! Congrads.
Wow!! I would love new furniture...especially as nice as yours. That's so sweet and funny that he just went back and got them. Enjoy your new furniture, and I can't wait to see it for real!
WOW!! Chris...you are the man! Way to go with the surpise.
Very nice!
Very nice!! Enjoy!!
WOW!!! They are NICE! Chris is awesome...so are you...that's why he did it! Can't wait to see them and all you neeeeat people. ILY
Post a Comment