It was a pretty nice campground with running water and flushing toilets. The road was paved almost the whole way there. It was about an hour away from our house. Close, yet far enough away to be in the mountains.
We pitched our tent in the sandbox. I think it is usually used as a volleyball pit. Several other campers joined us. At least it was level. And not bumpy.
We had a chili cookoff. Chris was a judge. I didn't try the award winning chili. I'm sure it was good. We played the superlative game. This catergory was "longest". Tounge that is. Chris was almost the winner. Chad's was longer.
We found this bear sign in the morning. It was about 10 yards away from where we slept. It looked pretty fresh, as did the droppings that were found nearby. No worries though, nobody got eaten this time.
On Saturday we headed to the lake ( I don't even know the name of it) and Chris and the kids went for a canoe ride. I watched. They had fun.We also had a movie, it was "The Princess Bride" , my favorite! We loved looking at the stars, they are just so bright in the mountains! We had a fun time.



2 comments:
Looks like you had fun...Tell Chris his hair is longer than mine.
The Princess Bride is my favorite movie too. Ross and I both had that movie poster on our walls when we met. We were SO meant to be! :)
You couldn't hear me saying all the lines with the movie, could you? :)
Post a Comment