When we first moved "up north", some of my biggest worries had to do with my kids finding friends. We had such a great neighborhood where they could just go outside and there would almost always be someone out there for them to play with. And a mom for me to talk to. I never realized how I came to depend on these moms for friendship. I miss them so much.
The kids have found friends at school, and a little in the ward. And I think they have discovered that siblings are about the best friends to have (although I doubt they would admit that). I have friends that I work with and hang out with occasionally, but it's harder in the summer. People are busy and I understand that. I miss being able to go sit outside and just talk while the kids play. Now it seems like we have to schedule things in advance and plan all these fun activities.
I miss the old neighborhood.
Maybe someday I will find another one that is close, but I think we will never be able to find what we once had.
I'm told it has changed and it is just not the same as it once was. I guess that's what happens in life. People move, kids grow up. It's just part of life.
I just never really understood how important friendships are for adults. I was so worried about the kids that I never even gave thoughts to my own friendships. Kids are great and can make friends just about anywhere. It's been harder for me.
I'm so lucky that I have Chris. He is my very best friend and always will be. I can talk to him about anything, but sometimes a girl just needs another girl to talk about girl things.
I get so jealous of people who are close to their siblings. They hang out and watch each others kids. I have never had that kind of relationship with my brothers and my sister. Maybe when my sister grows up and has kids we will, but with our 13 year age difference and the fact that my kids will be way older than hers, I just don't know. *edited to add, luckily I have found some friends in my sisters in law! Thanks Becky! Thanks Von! Thanks Tanya when I do get to see you and chat. We just don't get together very often because of distance and busyness too!*
Just because I'm a grown up, doesn't mean I don't need a friend every now and then. I've learned that.
A change in the weather
2 days ago



4 comments:
Hey! Thanks for entering my little giveaway! I wish you the best of luck! I would love to see you walk away with a super cute dress!!!
I love you!!! You're right we do need to get together more often. Life is way too short for us moms to not have friendship in each other. No one else can understand kids, family, extended family quite like we can for each other.
Hey, I could've written almost the same exact blog entry as this...
I've moved away from friends, I've worried about my kids finding friends, I'm not close with my siblings, my husband is my best friend but you need to talk to a girl too... in fact I think I might have written about this same subject a week or so ago on my blog!
We need to figure out how to get together more often!
Here's to friendship!
3 more weeks and we will be back in the swing of things...just the 2 of us running the room! i miss you too!
Post a Comment