Our summers are usually pretty uneventful. Summer is a very busy time for Chris and his business, so we don't really plan many family activities.
We do like to get out of the house though. Some of the things we like to do are:
Visiting the library
Going to the children's museum
Playing with friends
Swimming
Going to the Park (but only in the morning because it gets too hot during the day)
Watching movies
Watching TV
Playing the computer
Shopping
Scouts for the boys
We still haven't gone to the Zoo yet this summer, but it is definitely on our list of things to do. I think that camping should be on there, but I really don't know if that is something we will be doing this summer. I love the mountains, picnicing is one of my favorite things to do. But sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag in a tent is not on my list of favorite things to do.
Some of my friends have trailers and four wheelers and boats and other toys and have fun playing every weekend. I'm sure they have lots of fun! Maybe someday we'll be able to join them. Until then, I'm happy to sleep in my nice soft bed and hang out close to home.
A change in the weather
2 days ago



2 comments:
Jessica-this blogging thing is great. It was so fun to read your blog and catch up. It always amazes me how no matter where in the world that us mom's pretty much live the same type of lives. It makes me feel more like a community and not like I am in this alone! I hope all is well with you. Heather Friant
Don't forget to come camping with the Ward! Friday, Aug. 1st That's our ONE camping trip each year. and that's enough camping for us. :) I'm going to try to figure out how to get an air mattress in the tent this year. :)
Please call us if you go to the park in the morning we are definitely up by 8am or earlier.
Post a Comment