Sunday, July 20, 2008

ahhhh summer


My favorite part of summer is fresh from the garden tomatoes.


I picked my first one yesterday. It's a cherry tomato. (please excuse the quality of this picture)
It was delicious! I can't wait for more. Hopefully I'll get lots, I planted 8 tomato plants and one cherry tomato plant. I've also got a plant growing that I didn't plant, it came up on it's own from seeds from last year's attempt at a garden.
We've been enjoying the peas for about a week and the zucchinis are coming in and so are the yellow squash. I had one cucumber plant grow (out of over a dozen seeds planted) and it has over 20 baby cuc's growing on it. I planted a couple of lemon cucumber plants and they are still trying to grow. The pumpkin plants are huge with tons of big yellow-orange blossoms. My pepper plants are struggling, but I haven't given up hope yet! I love having a garden!

No comments: