Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last day of school


We have been very busy this week! Monday was our last day of school. Anna graduated from Kindergarten. They had a ceremony (sorta) and the kids all got a certificate and a picture frame gift from the teacher and her aide. There was a cute cake with all the kids' names on it and lots of food. She had a good time playing with her friends one last time before summer. She is so ready to go to first grade next year, and hopefully we will have better luck with her teacher. I didn't post about this but at the end of April I moved her into a first grade class to finish off the year and she did great! She was so excited to learn and do work and follow rules.


Tristan finished 6th grade and brought treats for his class. This is the closet we have ever come to having his birthday during school (it was the next day). He is super excited to be a seventh grader next year. He really likes the teacher. I didn't get any pictures of him to post. They had a pizza party and root beer floats (he mixed root beer and orange soda for his and freaked out his aide). They had a water fight with all the middle schoolers too.

Connor finished 3rd grade. He had a great teacher and learned lots. The teacher in the picture with him is my good friend April. She teaches 5th grade and was Tristan's teacher last year. Connor went to her class for math and language. He is best friends with her son. I hope she doesn't mind that I posted this! What you don't see in the picture is the girl who has a crush on Connor. He got a penpal letter from her 2 days after school got out. He got to have a sleepover to celebrate the last day of school and had a good time. He's happy it's summer.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Anna looks so cute in her picture. She looks so sweet. I can't believe how fast kids grow. Tristin is already to 7th grade? Wow! I think mixing Root Beer and Orange Soda would kinda freak me out too. I also really like the picture of Connor and your friend.