
Tristan was ordained a Deacon yesterday. He now holds the priesthood. His dad ordained him and gave him a beautiful blessing. It was really nice. I am exicted that he is worthy and can continue to learn and serve the Lord. He is a good example to us all.

I used some fabric I had to wrap the gifts. Mostly because most of the wrapping paper I had was left over from Christmas, but also because Tristan doesn't like to tear the wrapping paper. I wanted to make it easier for him. The gifts looked cute too. I used pipe cleaners to close them. He got a brand new sleeping bag to take on scout camp-outs (which he is going on without me--he's glad but I'm not). He also got a book from his grandparents, some boring old clothes from his parents, a swimming suit from Anna, and some candy and water balloons from Connor.
These are the people who stood in the circle with Chris. I haven't asked for their permission, so I won't list names. Left to right Counselor, Bishop, Dad, Grandpa, Great Grandpa, Uncle, Primary Teacher, and Tristan in the front.

This is our family, with Grandpa and Great
Grandpa included.
There are four generations in this picture!
There were other family members there to support Tristan. Grandma and Great Grandma, Aunt and two cousins. After the ordination we went to our house to celebrate!
We ate lunch and then Tristan finally got to open his gifts. He has been waiting all week, which was hard because his birthday was on tuesday! But since he's 12 now, he was very mature about it and waited.
I used some fabric I had to wrap the gifts. Mostly because most of the wrapping paper I had was left over from Christmas, but also because Tristan doesn't like to tear the wrapping paper. I wanted to make it easier for him. The gifts looked cute too. I used pipe cleaners to close them. He got a brand new sleeping bag to take on scout camp-outs (which he is going on without me--he's glad but I'm not). He also got a book from his grandparents, some boring old clothes from his parents, a swimming suit from Anna, and some candy and water balloons from Connor.It really is fancy. It says so right on the cake.
Happy Birthday Tristan! You are very much loved my your family and everyone else. I hope you had a great Birthday and remember this special day forever!





2 comments:
It looks like everything turned out great! I wish we could have been there. It seems like Paul is working 24/7 lately and it's hard to get to many things. Congrats and Happy Birthday to Tristin.
that is a great post! i love tristan too! and i wish i could have been there.
Post a Comment