If you know me at all, you know that I always have to have a project going on. Right now I'm working on one that I am really excited about. Our school is having a silent auction to raise money. Our school is funded by the state of Utah, but since we have fewer students and more teachers we don't have a lot of money to do the things we need. So each class is putting together gift baskets to auction off. Anyway, for the Kindergarten class, I am making a quilt!
I had each student draw a picture and sign their name. (the giraffe one was drawn by Anna, our mascot is the giraffe)

Then I traced their picture onto some muslin fabric and stitched it with embroidery floss in the same colors they used in the picture.

When I get finished, the picture will be put together on the quilt along with rainbow color patchwork. It will be so cool! I'm so excited. I hope someone else likes it too and buys it and gives lots of money to the school!

I will be sure to post some pictures when I get the quilt finished.



2 comments:
That is a really cute idea Jess! Can't wait to see the finished product :D.
-Natasha
Wow! That is quite the project! It sounds like fun. I'm sure it will turn out super cute and you better post pictures on here when you are done.
Post a Comment