
Took Eli to his 2 week check up on Tuesday. Here are his stats:
Weight: 8 pounds 8 ounces 42%
height: 21 1/4 inches 71%
He has almost gained a whole pound and grew 3/4 of an inch! He is growing so fast! The doctor kept telling me how cute he thinks Eli is. Then he said, "And I don't say that about every baby. Not even my own!" Eli's umbilical cord stump feel off last week, but it was still oozy, so the doctor cauterized it. He put this stick with some stuff on it inside and rubbed it all around. Turned it a grey color. I'm not sure if it helped or not because it is still a bit oozy and now the skin looks a bit raw. If it's not looking better tomorrow I'll call and ask what to do.
This week has been interesting. Chris had to go back to work, so now it's the real world! Getting kids where they need to go and making sure Eli is fed and happy is about all I'm successful in accomplishing, but we are getting there. I know that soon it will all be a new normal, but until then we are happy that there is food to eat and most of the clothes are clean.




3 comments:
Sometimes a little cornstarch rubbed on the stump will help to keep it dry. Just make sure you clean it every time you change his diaper and apply new. I love his kissy face! WHAT A DOLL! ILU
Love the kissy face!!!
He is so handsome! Definitely a "kissy face". How's the new place?
Post a Comment