I got really brave this week and decided to try the cooking of the beans. My dad gave us a bag of anazazi beans so we wanted to try them. I put them in the water and stood there and watched until they boiled and then turned the heat down and let them simmer for 2 minutes. I set the timer and stood there to watch. It went well. They soaked all night and then I put them in the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients the next morning.
It was so nice when I realized on my way home from work, that dinner was already cooking! The soup turned out so yummy. I think Tristan had 3 bowls! And now I have more confidence with the cooking of the beans!
A change in the weather
2 days ago



2 comments:
Congratulations!
(Hey, I need some good soup recipes for the crockpot!)
I set up an account...yayy!!
No burnin' of the beans? That's a relief!
LYou
Post a Comment