Eli is such a smartie pants. We taught him the sign for "more" but now it has morphed into "I want". He claps twice and points to what he wants. When we get it right, he nods quite vigorously. When he wants to go outside, he points to the door and waves.
I can't believe he'll be one in just over a month. The time has flown by! I just love having a baby in the family. He is adored by his siblings and his parents. I'd say pretty much everyone who comes in contact with him is a bit enamored.
The other day he took a step and he stands alone for longer and longer amounts of time. He'll be walking before we know it!
One thing he really likes to do lately is draw on the fridge. I found out that dry erase markers wipe right off, so everyday we get 2 or 3 masterpieces by Eli!
We are now trying to teach him the signs for "please" and "all done". It's so nice when babies can tell you what they want.
The Ozempic of it all
5 days ago



3 comments:
Cole is 5 1/2 and we all still use the "sign" for more and all done.
Hi Jess...followed you from my blog.
I think it's great that more and more parents of hearing children are teaching their babies sign! My baby (1) in deaf and uses sign exculsively.
By teaching your lil one sign you are helping make this world more tolerant and accepting of my son. Even if he never learns more than baby sign. When he grows up and sees my little guy signing he won't be weird out by it. He'll just know. So thank you for that.
BTW, your son, is just beyond adorable :)
Dorian
I've been doing some sign with Colby. Sometimes he'll do it and sometimes he won't, but I think it has helped him be a better communicater anyway. He points to the water dispenser on our fridge, meaning he wants an ice cube. He will hand me things that he wants me to do something with (open my cell phone, put the lid back on something, open a snack, etc). I'm glad to hear signing is working with Eli! I LOVE sign language (although even with 4 years of sign language classes I'm not as fluent as I used to be...)
Post a Comment