It's been so long since I've written on this blog, the whole setup has changed. Hopefully I can figure it out!
I really don't have anything major to post, but I just wanted to post an update. Hopefully my few readers will see that I'm not dead!
It has been a beautiful weekend. Seriously perfect weather. On Friday I went for a walk and a bike ride. Eli loves to ride the bike and signs "bike" whenever he sees the bike.
On Saturday I got the lawn all mowed. It is mostly weeds and dandelions. I dream of having a lush green lawn and trees and flowers and interesting landscaping. I just need to keep telling myself that it will happen if I keep working at it, but it won't happen overnight. I can't help but envy a few of my neighbor's yards though. My biggest pet peeve about my yard is my neighbor's trees. They are planted right next to the fence. While they do provide great shade in the summer, the roots are really close to the surface and are all over my back yard. They have grown through the sprinklers and stick up all over the place. New trees are sprouting too. Walking through there is a dangerous adventure! And the leaves don't fall until December so we don't even rake them up until spring. Also they really need to be pruned. Every time it is windy, the branches fall all over the yard. I don't see them doing anything about it, so I guess I need to figure out what to do and just live with it.
We still have quite a few projects on the house to finish. We did so much work before we moved in, then finished the basement. But we still have lists and lists of finishing work to do. I guess we don't have to worry about being bored! Our basement is pretty small, but it has a nice size bedroom for Tristan with a built in bookcase. The best part is my craft room, or as we call it, "The Mom Cave". It has cabinets and a huge table against two walls and the corner for me to work on my projects. I love that I can have a place to work on crafty things and if I don't finish I can leave them out and close the doors to keep the curious baby away!
Speaking of the baby, he is doing so great! He goes to nursery now and really seems to like it. He is almost 20 months (tomorrow!), and is so dang cute! He doesn't really say too much, but he does do a few signs. He is sleeping much better lately. He has a very specific routine for bedtime. We have prayers, hugs, eat a vitamin, brush teeth, read books, wave goodnight to all the robot pictures on the wall, look outside and wave to the cars and airplanes (we live near the freeway and the airport so these are always around). Then we turn out the light, give big hugs, lay down, hug the big bear. Then I cover him up and tell him I love him and he nods to tell me he is all good, and he goes to sleep. It's so great considering how horrible he slept for the first year or so of his life! He almost always sleeps all night too.
I can't believe everything that I haven't blogged about. We went on a vacation to California and Disneyland. I like the time we spent at the ocean best of all. In fact, I would go back in a heartbeat. I can't believe it took me so long to go to California. That's right! I had never ever been there. Also, Eli had his first birthday, the kids started 4th, 7th and 10th grade. Chris started a full time job and isn't selg employed anymore. We celebrated Easter with my side of the family which was really fun. And lots of other stuff that I can't even remember! I have noticed though, that even if I don't blog about it, stuff still happens!
Well enough of this rambling. I hope to be better, but I am definitely not making any promises!
A change in the weather
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment