Monday, March 7, 2011

half a year

On February 23rd, Eli turned 6 months old!


Can you believe he's been a part of our family for 6 months? I can't.  But then again, I can't image life without him in it.  He is truly a joy and a blessing in our family.

Six months stats:
Weight 15 lbs. 10 ozs. (17%)
Height 26 1/2 inches (34%)

He is small like his siblings, tall and skinny.  He is really getting around now.  He doesn't crawl yet.  He gets up on his knees like he's going to crawl, but then he goes back on his tummy and scoots around.  He's pretty fast and really goes when he's after the cat or his mommy.

Eli has officially tried solids.  He loves rice cereal the best, having only tried that and oatmeal until tonight. Tonight he had sweet potatoes and he made the funniest faces, but still opened his mouth for more. He likes to eat!

He still isn't sleeping through the night.  I'm happy if he goes more than 3 hours in a row.  That makes for a tired mom, but I know it won't last forever, so that helps.

He has the sweetest smile that just lights up the room.  He is an amazing child and I love him so much!

2 comments:

Becky said...

He is such a little cutie! I love this picture.

April said...

Love it! Marianne just went to her 1 year. she is 19lbs and 20% across the board...never had one like that. Keep on keeping the record...they will love you for it. Way to go! Again, I hope one day to be like you!