Friday, February 26, 2010

sometimes, I just miss it.

Living in a small town that is.

I had the BEST neighborhood before we moved. It was one block of all brand new houses, filled with families with little kids. Tristan was the oldest kid on the block. Connor would go outside after breakfast and ride bikes, dig, look for bugs and just have fun being a boy. We could go outside and find someone to play with anytime we wanted to. And I loved being able to visit with the other moms! We'd have neighborhood BBQ's and other get-togethers all the time.

Now, don't get me wrong. The neighbohood I live in now is okay. I have a great ward filled with lots of amazing people. BUT I don't know half my neighbors. I'm not comfortable letting my kids just go off and play. I have to set everything up. There are a few moms to visit with, but again, it usually needs to be prearranged. I know that since we are renters right now we could move anywhere we wanted to. I'm just not sure quite yet where that will be.

I don't know if my old neighborhood is still the same. I know some of them have moved on like we did. I know there have been fences built. But sometimes, I find myself yearning for the "good ol' days".

6 comments:

Peterson5 said...

For the most part it is the same. But we are all stuck in our houses cuz it is cold come when it warmer and you can visit just like old times and we can catch up

Lynette Robison said...

You're too young to "yearn for the good ol' days." Like everything else that you and Chris do, you'll make it happen! THANKS for taking care of Dad! He had a great time. I still miss-especially much- all of you when I go by your old house. ILY

Desirae said...

"I know that since we are renters right now we could move anywhere we wanted to. I'm just not sure quite yet where that will be."

Reganne misses her play dates with Anna! There are lots of babies,youth and moms out this way. There are also two homes for sale in the neighborhood.
So...
Consider Kaysville!

Kelli said...

i totally know what you're saying.

April said...

It is tough...You and Chirs will find it. It will be wonderful. It will be for you. It will be for your family. It will be home.

Amy B. said...

Thanks Jess for thinking about us during this crappy time...